I really enjoy an exciting but basic white sauce slathered all over something every now and then. Like chicken fried steak, pasta or noodles, or any veggie. A made to order, delicious white sauce is all I need to doctor up my recipes...here's a super fast, easy, and delicious way to add a little Béchamel to your life...
Béchamel Butter & Cream Cheese Balls:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon white or black ground pepper
1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1. Mix flour, salt, and pepper into a mixer bowl.
2. Add softened butter and cream cheese; mix until well blended.
3. Drop by rounded tablespoons (I use a small ice cream scoop) onto a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer.
4. Thin white sauce: 1 ball to one cup of milk, whisked over med heat until melted & thick.
Medium white sauce: 2 balls to one cup of milk, whisked over med heat until melted & thick.
Thick white sauce: 3 balls to one cup of milk, whisked over med heat until melted & thick.
5. Be creative...add some cheddar cheese or anything you please!!!