Holland Bottom Farm in Cabot. And, because I always have buttermilk in the fridge (always ready to make cornbread), I made some scrumptious Buttermilk Blueberry Scones. They were delicious warm right out of the oven with lots of butter slathered all over. You can also eat them at room temperature, store airtight for up to three days, or freeze for a later date. You're gonna love this recipe...
How to make Buttermilk Blueberry Scones:
Yields: 10-12 scones
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup fresh blueberries(frozen will do in a pinch)
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Cut butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. In a separate bowl combine the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla.
4. Add the blueberries to the dry mixture and coat them.
5.Create a well in the center of mixture and add buttermilk mixture all at once to the well.
6.Combine just until moistened. Pour onto a slightly floured flat surface.
7. Spray hands with cooking spray and pat the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
8. Cut into shapes and place on a parchment lined baking dish.
9. Brush the tops with extra buttermilk and sprinkle with more sugar.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I would be very grateful if you would share this blog by using AddThis!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
On Friday June 3, 2011 we are doing community service @OurHouseShelter. Mike and I will shop, cook, and serve for about 30-50 people at Our House. We do this not only because we have a passion for cooking, eating, and socializing, but because we are striving to help the homeless in our community. We will be preparing and serving the following to the residents of Our House:
- Salmon Croquettes with Homemade Dilled Tartar Sauce & Lemon Wedges
- Mashed Potatoes with Fresh Herbed Butter
- Corn, Tomato, & Pepper Trio
- Southern Skillet Cornbread
- Carrot Cake Cup Cakes with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting garnished with Fresh Mint Leaves
- Freshly made Iced Tea with Lemon Wedges & Fresh Mint Leaves
If you are interested in helping with First Friday Lunch @ Our House, please contact me or there are plenty of other ways to get involved...check out the Our House website today!