Hi, Friend!

I would be very grateful if you would share this blog by using AddThis!

Share |

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cooking With Legends...Piece of Cake


Master Chef with Chef Gordon Ramsay is my favorite show! Each week I tune in to see all sorts of excitement going on at the MC kitchen in LA. I usually attempt to recreate what the contestants are asked to do. The show, in its second season, started with 1000 contestants and is now down to the final eight. These contestants are sometimes praised and often totally humiliated by Chef Ramsay and his two men hit squad (Graham Elliot and Joe Bastianich) as they are judged on simple techniques such as poaching an egg, making Hollandaise sauce, cooking a lobster and so on and so on, all within a time limit. Pressure cooker for sure...but, I love the show because Chef Ramsay has helped me to think about these basic, yet detailed, cooking procedures. I'm honing my culinary skills (with the additional help of Julia Child) and looking forward to maybe being humbled by Chef Ramsay some day. As Julia says,
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.

No comments: