I have been working on a recipe for the Real Women of Philadelphia Contest and, recently have come up with a wonderful and hopefully winning dessert that will rock Paula Deen and her boys socks off! They are judging this super contest, and I have my fingers crossed to get to meet them in Savannah, come late June, to cook this luscious recipe I just originated, especially for Paula! Check out all of my cooking videos for this fun contest on YouTube! And, try this prize winning recipe...at least in the Hocut home...when your local berries come in season!
Strawberry Scone Shortcake
with Strawberry 1/3 Less Fat Philly Cream Cheese
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, unsifted
3 tablespoons sugar
2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, cold
1/3 cups milk, whole
1 (8 ounces) tub of Strawberry 1/3 Less Fat Philly or more!
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash, hull, and slice berries
- In an upright mixer, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and then add the butter
- Mix until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs or cornmeal and remove from mixer
- By hand, mix in about 3/4 cup of the prepared strawberries
- Add all of the milk and with a fork, toss together until the mixture holds together, well
- With floured hands gently form into a ball
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness with a rolling pin
- Cut the dough with a 2 1/2 inch circle cutter
- Place the scones onto a greased cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and serve your Strawberry Scone Shortcakes warm and generously spread with the Strawberry 1/3 Less Fat Philly
- Sprinkle with the remaining strawberries
When I tasted these scrumptious scones lathered in the Strawberry Philly for the first time, I knew they were absolutely the best dessert I have made in a good while! I hope you enjoy the simplicity and tastiness of this ???prize winning??? recipe. The Strawberry 1/3 Less Fat Philly Cream Cheese is the perfect topping for these perfect Strawberry Scone Shortcakes. And, thanks for stopping by Di's Cup Cakes...we always love your visit and especially enjoy reading your comments! And, as my Nannie use to say..."Y'all drop in when you can!"