Hi, Friend!

I would be very grateful if you would share this blog by using AddThis!

Share |

Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Famous Pie Shop in DeValls Bluff AR

Been a while since I've been to see Mary (The Pie Shop Hwy 70 W (870) 998-2279) in DeVall's Bluff. This is what happened the last time I went...

I bought a whole EGG CUSTARD PIE...


What can I say, egg custard is my most favorite pie. My Nannie use to make a mean egg custard pie similar to the Pie Shop. If you're like me and can't get down the road to the Pie Shop often enough, do as I do, and make my Nannie's, just as delicious, egg custard pie. Recipe below... 

How to make Nannie's Egg Custard Pie similar to the Pie Shop...

Ingredients:
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Unbaked pie shell

Directions:
1.  Slightly beat eggs, add sugar and salt.
2.  Add milk and vanilla, mix well.
3.  Pour into unbaked pie shell and sprinkle with the nutmeg.
4.  Bake at 425 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.

No comments: