WARNING: Do not make Southern Fried Bacon more than once a year!!! And, when you do, always serve with cream style gravy...recipe follows for all you dare devils out there.
How to make Southern Fried Bacon and Creamy White Gravy For One...
3 Thick bacon slices
2 T milk
Flour for dredging and 1/4 cup flour for the gravy
2 T oil
Water (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
1. Cut the bacon slices in half.
2. Mix egg and milk together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Put some flour in another bowl. Dredge the bacon first in the egg mixture and then in the flour.
4. Heat the 2 Toil in a skillet. Fry the dredged bacon in the skillet for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until crispy and done. Drain on paper towel. Reserve the skillet and drippings for gravy.
5. On a medium heat, add the 1/4 cup of flour to the skillet drippings and stir while browning about 3-4 minutes. Whisk in some water (about 1 1/2 cups) to the drippings. Now add the heavy cream and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy...but only once a year!