Hi, Friend!

I would be very grateful if you would share this blog by using AddThis!

Share |

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mixed Reviews About Dogtown Coffee and Cookery


I have been going to Dogtown Coffee and Cookery ever since they opened the doors a couple of years ago as Java Roasting. I have loved the pleasant atmosphere and friendly, gracious staff however, I have had a bit of trouble liking their lattés and food. I actually had to quit stopping by for my morning latté because their coffee became way too bitter. Then they regrouped, changed their format and menu, and remodeled into a nice little coffee and cookery café so, I gave them another shot. The lattés are simply wonderful these days, but...the food is gonna need some work. Had the Chicken Spaghetti and Side Salad a while back and it was OK with chunks of chicken and Penne pasta for a different twist. The salad and dressing on the side needed help! Never did like those fancy tasteless bagged greens even when they are served at topnotch restaurants. Today, I stopped in for the Pimento Cheese and Potato Chips. Too garlicky and where the heck was the mayo? The finely shredded cheddar cheese did not work for my true Southern taste buds. A creamy Velveeta type would have been better. Chips were nice and crispy, though. And, service still wonderful. But, can this place stand on it's great service, luscious lattés, and cozy atmosphere as it continues to serve not so great food? Time will tell...oh, and I would pass on the biscuit and gravy, too. I do wish this place well and I sure hope they get a down home Southern cook into their cozy kitchen real soon! I think that's all it needs...




Dogtown Coffee & Cookery on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Dianne Montgomery Hocut said...

Went by a couple of days ago and the doors were locked with a sign on the front door saying, Closed For Remodeling!

Carissa Godwin said...

Hi Diane,

Yes, we are closed for about a week to install a grease trap which will allow us to expand our menu a bit. We'll be back open soon. Sorry for any inconvenience. You can check facebook for updates...I'll post as soon as we open back up...hopefully Monday. sooner if the construction guys finish early.

Dianne Montgomery Hocut said...

Glad to see Dogtown up an open again!!