On Friday June 3, 2011 we are doing community service @OurHouseShelter. Mike and I will shop, cook, and serve for about 30-50 people at Our House. We do this not only because we have a passion for cooking, eating, and socializing, but because we are striving to help the homeless in our community. We will be preparing and serving the following to the residents of Our House:
- Salmon Croquettes with Homemade Dilled Tartar Sauce & Lemon Wedges
- Mashed Potatoes with Fresh Herbed Butter
- Corn, Tomato, & Pepper Trio
- Southern Skillet Cornbread
- Carrot Cake Cup Cakes with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting garnished with Fresh Mint Leaves
- Freshly made Iced Tea with Lemon Wedges & Fresh Mint Leaves
If you are interested in helping with First Friday Lunch @ Our House, please contact me or there are plenty of other ways to get involved...check out the Our House website today!