I would be very grateful if you would share this blog by using AddThis!
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Say "I Love You" to Your Sweetheart On A Daily Basis
Chocolate Waffles with Strawberry Sauce
6 large strawberries, washed, stemmed, chopped
1/4 cup sugar
2 ts lemon juice
1. Add ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Stir and let thicken for about 2 minutes.
3. Strain the sauce into a bowl with a sieve. Reserve the berry puree, too!
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate squares, chopped
4 T unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 ts vanilla
1/4 cup milk
6 T all-purpose flour
2 T cocoa powder
1/2 ts baking powder
pinch of salt
Extra berries and butter for garnish
1. Heat a Belgium waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
2. Combine chocolate squares and butter into a microwave bowl and melt for one minute. Remove and whisk until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
4. Add the chocolate and butter mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Sir until smooth.
6. Pour into the sprayed and heated waffle iron. Cook until no steam comes out or for about 3-5 minutes.
7. Place each waffle on a serving plate and garnish with extra berries, butter, strawberry sauce, and berry puree.
Enjoy with your favorite Sweetheart! And as usual with all good things there is often a price to pay...