Hi, Friend!

I would be very grateful if you would share this blog by using AddThis!

Share |

Friday, June 18, 2010

My Three Dads...and taking the easy way out

Hey, what's cooking for your Happy Father's Day this Sunday? I have decided to take the easy way out this year! Will do fillets from the Meat Shoppe, salad in a bag, bottled Kraft Seven Seas Green Goddess dressing, Green Giant Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower in a cheese sauce, Mary B's Tea Biscuits/Cheddar Cheese, and my very own...make ahead and stick it in the freezer...Di's Tortoni! Yes, I'm doing something different this year and getting outta the kitchen and into quality visiting time with three of the greatest dads in the whole world...Willie, #3, and AB!  AB won't be with us in person, but always in our hearts...he does live in Charlotte!  And, you gotta make my special Di's Tortoni...cool, refreshing, and soooo eassssssy!  So, get outta the kitchen and spend some quality time with all the favorite dads in your life, and have a very Happy Father's Day! And, please leave a comment about how special your favorite dad is!
Di's Tortoni
1 cup crushed macaroons
1/2 gallon soften, vanilla ice cream
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted and cooled
1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1 teaspoon almond extract

Mix all together gently and put in plastic cups or lined cup cake tins. Garnish with cherries and mint leaves. May store in the freezer for up to one week...cover them with foil. Serves about 8 in plastic cups and 18 if using the lined cup cake tins.  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Wendy Backus said...

Yum! I can't wait! Looks absolutely fabulous. I completely agree that it is much better to do some effortless cooking and get more quality time in with visiting.

Wendy said...

This turned out to be a great dinner. I was honored to be there with my mom and my stepdad, who is the greatest stepdad ever and my grandparents.