Hi, Friend!

I would be very grateful if you would share this blog by using AddThis!

Share |

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Top of the morning to you!

Hope your weekend was wonderful. As for me, it did continue to rain all week long and well into the weekend. But, this did not stop #3 and me from sharing some special brunch time with our family. In fact, we switched gears and instead of Brunch in the Ozarks, we had Brunch at Loca Luna in Little Rock! Spontaneity, such a fun trait to possess. Wish #3 shared it with me!


The weather was in the mid 80s with a cool, gentle breeze blowing through the patio as the rain had cleared and allowed our family to settle in for a special meal. Today was Wendy's birthday so the birthday girl had Lobster and Crab Cakes, Eggs Benedict style, topped off with Southern Grits and White Cheddar Cheese Sauce and of course, a Mimosa. # 3 and me each had House Salads with lots of Goat Cheese, Blue Cheese, Toasted Pecans, Grilled Chicken, and Roasted Red Peppers. Sort of boring, but it did hit the spot. Noah had the Child's Plate which had enough eggs, bacon, and biscuits on it to feed all of us at the table! I really wish they would practice the art of portion control! Anyway, all was yummy and we feasted rather nicely, as well as enjoyed great service from our waitress. Check out my critique on this restaurant at http://yelp.com/. This is a great little site that allows you to dish good or bad on the businesses in your area or wherever you may go.

With all the extra running around, I've fallen a bit behind with my mid week preparation duties! I must confess I have become addicted to that other new site I mentioned in an earlier post, http://grouprecipes.com/. In fact I can't wait to go there after I hit the publish button on this blog. I have met the most wonderful friends who share their fantastic recipes. Please check it out and please do check in tomorrow to see what's cooking for this weekend at Brunch in the Ozarks!

No comments: